- Date : 3.10.23 to 5.10.23
- On 3rd, 4th and 5th October 2023, WIN Foundation organised a field workshop on ‘Farmer centric protocols in agriculture practices and role of innovation and technology’ in partnership with ACT (Arid Communities and Technologies) Bhuj. We invited technology startups such as Rajul Patkar from Proximal SoilSens, Tarang Patel from Intach Harness, Chandraj Shah from Raj instruments, and visited different project villages to understand farmers’ practices and issues faced in agriculture.
Digital Business Implementation Program for Women Nutri-preneurs and other Microenterprises
- Date : 20.06.23 to 20.07.23
- WIN Foundation, together with 3 leading NGOs, conducted a training program from 20th June’23 to 20th July 2023 twice a week for 1.5 – 2 hours, totaling about 15 hours, for 40 microentrepreneurs , who implemented their e-commerce presence on WhatsApp for business at no cost, during the 1-month training program and also started their digital businesses through this. The leading implementers were facilitated in an Award function conducted on 15th September 2023, to further motivate them to aim for greater achievement and support other fellow micro-entrepreneurs in their communities.
- Date : 14th April 2023
- Vishwakarma Prize 2023 is co-organized by WIN Foundation and partnered with IIT Delhi. The theme for 2023 is Water & Sanitation, Clean Technology & Smart Mobility.Our goal is to incentivise student teams to build innovative solutions to real world problems in the domain of Water and Sanitation, Clean Technology and Smart Mobility. Shortlisted teams gain financial support to build their prototype, mentorship and guidance from domain experts, and a platform to showcase their solutions. There is further support available for selected finalist teams who the Judges select under “best product design” and “most innovative solution” in each of the tracks.This includes an opportunity for a MBF Fellowship to further develop their Prototype into a marketable product.
WIN Foundation was again a category partner with C-CAMP, for The National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition 2022, for the domains of (i) Water and Sanitation and (ii) Maternal and Child Nutrition. WIN Foundation has been a category partner in NBEC for the last 3 years.
#NBEC2022 received an overwhelming response with about 3000 applications from 35 states and UTs of India. Out of 240 shortlisted entries, 26 finalists were selected through regional rounds. out of which 340 qualified through the regional rounds. An illustrious 22 member Grand Jury, drawn from Indian biotech industry, partners and funders. judged selected the winners, identifying India’s top bio entrepreneurial talent, at the grand finale on 16th December. at Bangalore. The awards included a cumulative of 16 Cr INR in cash prizes and investment opportunities while student-led teams swooped up 9 lakhs in cash prizes.
NBEC is organized by the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP), and is sponsored by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, along with several reputed partners. It has emerged as the premier national talent competition to identify and reward some of the most promising deep tech ideas in all domains of the Life Sciences.
WIN sponsored domain winners :
In addition to category award prize, WIN Foundation also offers the opportunity to participate in WIN Innovative products market validation scheme to participants and winners.
To know more, visit : http://www.nationalbioentrepreneurship.in
- Date : 5th January 2022 to 27th August 2022
- Vishwakarma Prize for Engineering Innovation is founded by the ©Maker Bhavan Foundation to champion and crown technology innovators from Science and Engineering colleges in India. Our goal is to create a hatchery of ambitious student innovators and tinkerers interested in developing scalable technological solutions that can radically boost the nation’s economy.Vishwakarma Prize is an annual competition with a focus on different themes every year. The competition incentivizes students in Indian science and engineering colleges to form interdisciplinary teams collaborate over a 4-month period to develop a working physical prototype that offers a novel solution to the problem related to the theme. The theme for this year is Water and Sanitation and teams will have to choose from any 9 sub-themes listed below. Applicants will be screened and shortlisted to anywhere between 15- 35 teams who will begin working on their prototype and go through a mid-term assessment. 10 lucky teams will be shortlisted as finalists and travel to IIT Gandhinagar in May to present their prototype to the Grand Jury and compete for the Award (top 3 teams) and win cash prizes as well as receive financial support for filing provisional patents in the USA and India.
- Date : 16th August 2021 – 18th December 2021
- C-CAMP launched NBEC 2021 on 16th August’21. WIN Foundation was again a category partner for NBEC 2021 for the domains of (1) Water and Sanitation and (2) Maternal and child health.
NBEC 2021 received overwhelming response with over 2500+ applications from 30 states and UTs of India. 300+ applications were shortlisted for regional qualifier pitching round (virtual) in November. The Jury members, from industry, academia, and investor community, shortlisted 72 business ideas for a virtual Boot Camp and Mentoring Program that was held between 1-3 December.
- Date : 21st May 2021 to 28th June 2021
- WIN Foundation, with iTIC Incubator at IIT Hyderabad, jointly launched the WIN Challenge – Track 1, in Jun’21. The focus area of this challenge is `Child Growth and Health Monitoring, using AI /ML’, a critical technology to tackle malnutrition in India. The jury members of `WIN challenge’ selected two candidates, who will work under the iTIC pre-incubation program to develop technology for Child Growth and Health Monitoring, with WIN Foundation fellowship support.
- Date : 29th December 2020
- The above centre has been setup by Arid Communities and Technologies, with support from Tata Power, WIN Foundation and other stakeholders, with the vision to establish a Centre of Excellence for PGWM Training centre through multi stakeholders approach among academic institutions, CSR Foundations and NGOs for authentications and value addition to capacity building process. The centre will provide training to a range of stakeholders including community groups, grass root level workers, upto decision makers.
- Date: 29th October 2020
- WIN Foundation partnered with Competitiveness Mindset Institute, (CMI) USA, to organize an online talk by Dr. Marshall Goldsmith, ranked World’s #1 Executive Coach for two consecutive years, and winner of the Lifetime Award for Leadership by the Harvard Institute of Coaching on: `Developing Leadership through a Change of Mindset’
- Dr. Goldsmith presented on how Leadership abilities in the youngest to the most accomplished professionals at the top of their organizations spring from a change of mindset leading to modifying one’s behavior in simple but fundamental ways. These modifications have been understood and cultivated by effective leaders worldwide – from CEOs of Fortune 500 companies to NGOs to international public organizations like the World Bank.
WIN WATSAN ROUNDTABLE SESSION
- Date : 15th Oct’20
- Objectives: To discuss on the topics presented at the previously held WIN WATSAN Webinar Series 2020 and possible future collaboration opportunities for projects or any other activities.
- This session was a closed group discussion with 25 participants from nationally renowned institutions in the domain of Water and Sanitation viz. CEPT University – Centre for Water and Sanitation (CWAS), IIT Bombay – Centre for Technology Alternatives for Rural Areas (CTARA), IIT Kharagpur – School of Environmental Sciences, IIT Gandhinagar – Centre for Sustainable Development, Arid Communities and Technologies, Mahila Housing Sewa Trust, WIN Foundation and start-ups like Proximal Soilsens, Oston Technology including a few additional guests.
C-CAMP conducted the fourth edition of the National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition, # NBEC 2020, on behalf of Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
WIN Foundation was again a category partner for NBEC 2020 for the domains of (1) Water and Sanitation and (2) Maternal and child health. WIN Foundation was the category partner for NBEC -2019 as well for these two domains.
- was conducted as a 6 part series, from 3rd Sep’20 to 8th Oct’20.
- India faces huge and diverse challenges in Water and Sanitation. For sustainable and scalable solutions to these, multiple innovators need to prototype, trial, refine and perfect multiple innovations in technology, products, services and delivery/business models.
- Leading innovator-practitioners, from premier institutions, leading social organizations and startups, presented their actual innovations. The series also provided an opportunity to the Water and Sanitation community to interact with various leaders and experts in the domain, with opportunities to collaborate.
- on 10 Jan, 2020 at IIT Gandhinagar
- organized jointly by WIN Foundation and the Kiran C Patel Centre for Sustainable Development – IIT Gandhinagar
- More than 70 Participants from diverse stakeholders including NGOs, Institutions, Foundations, Independent professionals, Innovation Ecosystem players and Start-ups, actively participated in the roundtable, shared their perspectives and initiatives, exchanged ideas and collaboration opportunities, and offered their support in innovations and initiatives to drive and bring social change in our focused domains of (i) Water and Sanitation and (ii) Maternal and Child health.
- organized by C-CAMP ON BEHALF OF DBT, Government of India, with WIN FOUNDATION as CATEGORY PARTNER FOR THE DOMAINS OF (I) WATER AND SANITATION AND (II) MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH
- Period : 1st August 2019 to 14th December 2019
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP), Bangalore, conducted the 3rd Edition of NBEC, from the 1st of August to 14th December, 2019. The competition received nearly 3000 applications from across the. Following the regional qualifiers, 67 business ideas were shortlisted for the Boot Camp held between 11-13 December in Bengaluru. The rigorous jury evaluations on 13th and 14th saw tough competition among promising startups leading to selection of final winners.
As category partner for (i) Water and Sanitation and (ii) Maternal and Child Health, WIN Foundation participated in the preliminary evaluation and then the final jury rounds, and sponsored the category awards.
- on 26th July 2019, at Ahmedabad
- 35 participants including Startup Ecosystem players, NGO’s, Institutions, Investors, Startups attended
- Discussions on supporting innovative social impact startups in Water and Sanitation, in their growth and scale up stage
- on 9th July 2019, at Ahmedabad
- In partnership with Rural Caravan
- Over 30 participants including NGOs, Foundations, Startups and Institutions – discussions on how to promote micro-entrepreneurship in remote / rural / tribal areas for twin objectives of (i) livelihood generation and (ii) improving quality of life
- On 9th July, 2019, at IIT Gandhinagar
- To explore and identify collaborative areas for synergies between academia and social impact organisations
- Participants from WIN, ACT, IIT Gandhinagar faculty and students.
- 5th and 6th April, 2019, at IIT Gandhinagar
- In partnership with IIT Gandhinagar, IIPH Gandhinagar, Wheels Charitable Foundation, with the theme: Innovate and Empower to accelerate Social Change
- Very well attended with over 60 high quality speakers and over 500 delegates over two days.
- The participants included Institutions, Government, NGO’s, Corporates, Start-ups, Incubators, Investors, Professionals and students.
- Startups, NGOs and Government departments displayed their innovative services, products, interventions for social impact at over 30 exhibit stalls