- Date : 29th December 2020
- The above centre has been setup by Arid Communities and Technologies, with support from Tata Power, WIN Foundation and other stakeholders, with the vision to establish a Centre of Excellence for PGWM Training centre through multi stakeholders approach among academic institutions, CSR Foundations and NGOs for authentications and value addition to capacity building process. The centre will provide training to a range of stakeholders including community groups, grass root level workers, upto decision makers.
- Date: 29th October 2020
- WIN Foundation partnered with Competitiveness Mindset Institute, (CMI) USA, to organize an online talk by Dr. Marshall Goldsmith, ranked World’s #1 Executive Coach for two consecutive years, and winner of the Lifetime Award for Leadership by the Harvard Institute of Coaching on: `Developing Leadership through a Change of Mindset’
- Dr. Goldsmith presented on how Leadership abilities in the youngest to the most accomplished professionals at the top of their organizations spring from a change of mindset leading to modifying one’s behavior in simple but fundamental ways. These modifications have been understood and cultivated by effective leaders worldwide – from CEOs of Fortune 500 companies to NGOs to international public organizations like the World Bank.
WIN WATSAN ROUNDTABLE SESSION
- Date : 15th Oct’20
- Objectives: To discuss on the topics presented at the previously held WIN WATSAN Webinar Series 2020 and possible future collaboration opportunities for projects or any other activities.
- This session was a closed group discussion with 25 participants from nationally renowned institutions in the domain of Water and Sanitation viz. CEPT University – Centre for Water and Sanitation (CWAS), IIT Bombay – Centre for Technology Alternatives for Rural Areas (CTARA), IIT Kharagpur – School of Environmental Sciences, IIT Gandhinagar – Centre for Sustainable Development, Arid Communities and Technologies, Mahila Housing Sewa Trust, WIN Foundation and start-ups like Proximal Soilsens, Oston Technology including a few additional guests.
C-CAMP conducted the fourth edition of the National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition, # NBEC 2020, on behalf of Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
WIN Foundation was again a category partner for NBEC 2020 for the domains of (1) Water and Sanitation and (2) Maternal and child health. WIN Foundation was the category partner for NBEC -2019 as well for these two domains.
- was conducted as a 6 part series, from 3rd Sep’20 to 8th Oct’20.
- India faces huge and diverse challenges in Water and Sanitation. For sustainable and scalable solutions to these, multiple innovators need to prototype, trial, refine and perfect multiple innovations in technology, products, services and delivery/business models.
- Leading innovator-practitioners, from premier institutions, leading social organizations and startups, presented their actual innovations. The series also provided an opportunity to the Water and Sanitation community to interact with various leaders and experts in the domain, with opportunities to collaborate.
- on 10 Jan, 2020 at IIT Gandhinagar
- organized jointly by WIN Foundation and the Kiran C Patel Centre for Sustainable Development – IIT Gandhinagar
- More than 70 Participants from diverse stakeholders including NGOs, Institutions, Foundations, Independent professionals, Innovation Ecosystem players and Start-ups, actively participated in the roundtable, shared their perspectives and initiatives, exchanged ideas and collaboration opportunities, and offered their support in innovations and initiatives to drive and bring social change in our focused domains of (i) Water and Sanitation and (ii) Maternal and Child health.
- organized by C-CAMP ON BEHALF OF DBT, Government of India, with WIN FOUNDATION as CATEGORY PARTNER FOR THE DOMAINS OF (I) WATER AND SANITATION AND (II) MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH
- Period : 1st August 2019 to 14th December 2019
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP), Bangalore, conducted the 3rd Edition of NBEC, from the 1st of August to 14th December, 2019. The competition received nearly 3000 applications from across the. Following the regional qualifiers, 67 business ideas were shortlisted for the Boot Camp held between 11-13 December in Bengaluru. The rigorous jury evaluations on 13th and 14th saw tough competition among promising startups leading to selection of final winners.
As category partner for (i) Water and Sanitation and (ii) Maternal and Child Health, WIN Foundation participated in the preliminary evaluation and then the final jury rounds, and sponsored the category awards.
- on 26th July 2019, at Ahmedabad
- 35 participants including Startup Ecosystem players, NGO’s, Institutions, Investors, Startups attended
- Discussions on supporting innovative social impact startups in Water and Sanitation, in their growth and scale up stage
- on 9th July 2019, at Ahmedabad
- In partnership with Rural Caravan
- Over 30 participants including NGOs, Foundations, Startups and Institutions – discussions on how to promote micro-entrepreneurship in remote / rural / tribal areas for twin objectives of (i) livelihood generation and (ii) improving quality of life
- On 9th July, 2019, at IIT Gandhinagar
- To explore and identify collaborative areas for synergies between academia and social impact organisations
- Participants from WIN, ACT, IIT Gandhinagar faculty and students.
- 5th and 6th April, 2019, at IIT Gandhinagar
- In partnership with IIT Gandhinagar, IIPH Gandhinagar, Wheels Charitable Foundation, with the theme: Innovate and Empower to accelerate Social Change
- Very well attended with over 60 high quality speakers and over 500 delegates over two days.
- The participants included Institutions, Government, NGO’s, Corporates, Start-ups, Incubators, Investors, Professionals and students.
- Startups, NGOs and Government departments displayed their innovative services, products, interventions for social impact at over 30 exhibit stalls