C-CAMP conducted the fourth edition of the National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition, # NBEC 2020, on behalf of Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
WIN Foundation was again a category partner for NBEC 2020 for the domains of (1) Water and Sanitation and (2) Maternal and child health. WIN Foundation was the category partner for NBEC -2019 as well for these two domains.
The annual NBEC program has emerged as the flagship program to identify and reward some of the most promising deep tech ideas in all domains of the Life Sciences including agriculture, environment, personal care products, AMR, drugs & therapeutics and more. These ideas and innovations aim to solve country’s challenges through scalable and sustainable business approaches to achieve societal and economic impact.
NBEC 2020 this time adopted innovative online processes, allowing for participation by juries from across the country. It received 3100+ applications from Start-ups, individuals and students, from the 33 States and Union Territories of India. Based on review by domain experts, 300+ applications were shortlisted for regional qualifier pitching round (virtual), which were held between November 17-24. The jury members were from diverse background- industry, academia, and investor community. Following the regional qualifiers, 54 business ideas have been shortlisted for a virtual Boot Camp and Mentoring Programs were held between 1-3 December. The Grand Finale and prize distribution ceremony was held on 19th December 2020, the following startups won the awards in the WIN sponsored categories:
- NanoPearl – Deau Technologies Pvt.Ltd
NanoPearl is an indigenously developed multivalent two stage solution with following characteristics:
- it simultaneously tackles high TDS, heavy-metal and microbial-contamination in a single unit.
- It uses an adsorbent made up of conscious metallic nanoparticle embedded inside the nano-engineered crystal structure which ultimately results into a super purifier.
- This system provides accepted levels of BIS-10500-2012 for safe-drinkable-water.
- CerviScan – Sascan Meditech Pvt Ltd.
CerviScan is an automated system for screening and detection of very early stage cervical cancers using a disruptive multimodal imaging technology with the following characteristics:
- Imaging of tissue fluorescence, diffuse reflectance and absorption, using multispectral illumination·
- Non-invasive mapping of the loss in collagen fluorescence and oxyhaemoglobin absorption in cervical tissues·
- Application of cloud-based ML algorithm for detection of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN)·
- Biopsy guidance for improving diagnostic accuracy
Health Workers can be trained to operate the Cerviscan under field conditions. Cerviscan is portable, easy to use. Thus it provides an ideal tool for mass screening in remote areas.
To know more please visit https://nationalbioentrepreneurship.in/